The sun came out today, for what feels like the first time in ages, so I took the Moda Odyssea quilt I finished recently to the park for some photos. I used a charm pack of Moda Odyssea fabric with some extra fabric from the same line for the backing and binding, and the sashing is Kona Sage.
I started this particular quilt in April 2010, and it’s taken a while to finish. My excuse is that I temporarily lost the blocks in a house move in 2011 and when I found them again I was able to finish it up pretty quickly. I used straight lines to pick out the longer diagonals in the pattern. I plan to write this one up as a tutorial, so watch this space! Now that I’ve photographed it, I’ll be putting it in the post for a friend expecting a baby in the not-too-distant future.
It was a good opportunity to take some shots of my brother’s birthday quilt, too.
It’s got a pieced back of all the solids used in the quilt top and extra yellow.
I’m really pleased with this one, and I hope my brother will be too!